Allred Statement on Kate Cox Being Forced to Flee Texas to Receive Emergency Abortion Care
Dallas, TX — Today, Congressman Colin Allred released the following statement on Kate Cox being forced to flee Texas to receive emergency abortion care:
“Nobody should be forced to flee their home state to get the emergency health care they need. This was, tragically, a predictable outcome of our state’s extreme abortion ban. It’s time to codify abortion rights and ensure Texas women are able to get the reproductive health care they need without fear of criminalization or invasion of their privacy.”
Colin Allred has long championed protecting women’s rights to make their own medical decisions:
- In 2021, he helped the House pass the Women’s Health Protection Act, which, if enacted, would codify Roe v. Wade – and has pledged to do the same once elected to the Senate.
- Allred also co-sponsored Congresswoman Lizzie Fletcher’s legislation to protect women’s constitutional right to interstate travel without government interference.
Ted Cruz is among the most extreme members of the Senate on taking away a woman’s right to choose:
- Cruz has fought for years to overturn Roe v. Wade, and called Dobbs a “massive victory.”
- Cruz explicitly supports an abortion ban with no exceptions.
- Additionally, Cruz is the author of the extreme national abortion ban proposal, which would take the blueprint for Texas’ statewide ban and force it upon every woman in America – making it impossible for his own constituents to even flee Texas to get the reproductive care they need in another state.